25 Things About Me (right now, 12:51 am Monday, January 26)
by Tracy Scherrer on Monday, January 26, 2009 at 1:09pm ·
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. Words, words, words. I love to toss words out there – like clay on the wheel – spin, spin, spin – eventually, all those words simmer down to something incredibly pure. And then I think damn – we really have a way of wrapping the simplest things in layer upon layer of crap…
2. Super crunchy peanut butter is freakin’ delicious. Especially at 1:00 am.
3. Diet coke is crack. I truly believe this. Put it down. Right now. I can only say this because I ran out about two hours ago and I know this time I can stay off it. Sigh.
4. I’ve only been to one funeral and I didn’t know the person who died.
5. retrodiva: I got online in 1997 and the internet, like all of my hobbies, had to earn it’s keep. I started selling vintage clothing on ebay that year – thus the code name – retrodiva. It stuck. Like the same five passwords I’ve been using since then as well…(shhh).
6. I saw Star Wars 17 times in the theatre. You could call me committed. IMO there are THREE Star Wars movies. The first is a brilliant bit of 1970s cinema, the second is dreamy because we all loved Han Solo, and the third is an advertisement for Muppets. That’s it. Store over. Mention anything else and I will quite rudely cover my ears and sing la la la. YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT.
7. Am I really only on number 7? I’m spending an awful lot of time on this because Chad said he wanted to know about me (the thought of which makes me SWOON) and every time I think of something to put down – I think…hmm…Doesn’t Chad already know that? Sigh. I shouldn’t even give myself credit for this one, but I will.
8. I love music almost as much as I love words. The cool thing about music is that I don’t know anything about how to make it – I can’t play an instrument, I sing for utter crap, I know NADA. That said, Derek and Mike used to squabble over music and when they asked my opinion – well, my word was golden. That is because I have exquisite musical taste. And clearly I have no problem shouting it out 🙂
9. I spent 36 hours in Yakima County Jail last year. It was one of my top life experiences thus far. Seriously.
10. I just noticed that everyone seems to have been tagged with this thing today or yesterday or whatever and all I can think is…Eddie Izzard, the Royal Family, and it’s a bad idea when cousins marry…
11. My boyfriend/fiance/Derek passed away March 1, 2007 from a seizure while talking to me on Yahoo messenger. I didn’t think anyone would ever, ever understand me the way I thought he did. I was really, really wrong.
12. I like to make stuff. I would love to make a house. Then make all the stuff in it. I suppose that isn’t entirely practical though.
13. I don’t like stuff. Clutter, extraneous crap. I don’t like gadgets. I like things simple. A waiting canvas, not an empty one.
14. My favorite song of all time is Beyond the Sea. Really.
15. When I was in 5th and 6th grade and the ultimate loner I would sit in the library during lunch and recess and read encyclopedias. Now I Google. And yes, I’m smart enough to discern what a good source is and what a bullshit source is. Ergh.
16. Latin should be taught in schools. Why? Because I said so. I also think symbolic logic should be required no later than high school. So there. Hmph. It’s 1:39 am and I’m only on #16.
17. My ex-husband is 27 (26? 28? ergh…) – we’ve been divorced for 2 years and were married in 2002. I’ll let you do the math.
18. I’m one of those very fortunate individuals that actually makes a living working at home playing with Photoshop. Sometimes I forget how very freakin’ cool this is. Please kick me in the bum if I whine too much about being at home by myself all the time…it is ever so much better than having to be somewhere Every Single Day at the same time. Ack!
19. Supposedly I have some sort of ADHD crap. I don’t know if I buy it or not. Frankly, I just think the rest of y’all can’t keep up with my gazillion trains of thought. Or maybe none of us are meant to move at the speed and precision that is required of us. Any way you slice it – the brain, our hormones and chemicals and electricity – it’s all pretty damn fascinating…
20. I really, really think LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver is utterly brilliant.
21. I had rheumatic fever when I was 10 and I now have a heart murmur that doctors can rarely hear. Begs the question – if you can’t hear it, well…is it really there?
22. This list is self-indulgent. Why can’t I just type up 25 stinkin’ things?
23. I am so in love. Just like that OMD song. Sigh.
24. I hoard vintage 4-ply cashmere cardigans made in Scotland like a squirrel with nuts.
25. I once lived in a hallway of an old house in Seattle. Tiny, but a bargain. This left more money for Talbots and Primitives imports. Priorities, baby.